Are you a young designer who's passionate about what you do?
Are you interested in the designing (and possibly getting your hands dirty with development) of websites? Do you get weirdly excited when you talk and read about things like user experience, conversion rate optimisation, CSS3, A/B testing & call-to-actions? Do you love trying new things and taking the road less taken?
If your answer was YES to the above and you've got talent when it comes to web design and branding, then we want you!
- Full involvement in all design-related matters, including (but not limited to) branding work, web design, stationery design, etc.
- Participating and co-ordinating the design and development of websites from concept to mockups to implementation.
- Communication with clients on projects
- Collaboration with other team members.
- Constant efforts to improve knowledge, efficiency and skill.
- You'll be learning a huge amount while you're here. It's a great opportunity to learn and grow with a brand that people love.
If you think you fit the skills criteria below, you're probably just as weird and passionate as we are! Please apply, we want to hear from you today.
Send us your CV and portfolio and we'll call you.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have a degree or equivalent in a design-related course, including web design principles.
- You are fully proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator & Dreamweaver.
- You have at least a basic knowledge of HTML & CSS, and are willing to learn more.
- You have a full online portfolio available for viewing
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and spoken.
- You are able to keep calm under pressure and solve complex problems.
- You take your work seriously, but not too seriously. We like to enjoy ourselves here!
- You love being around people and working with team, but are also able to work well on your own.
- You don't have an issue with doing the work that needs to be done, regardless of when it needs to be done. We have clients in strange time zones who have surprisingly regular urgent requests.
- You love exceeding expectations!
- You can handle criticism well, knowing that happy clients come first, and that it's only there to help you improve.
- You're not afraid to dive right in and suggest improvements to anything
- You've worked with CMSs like Wordpress or Joomla before.
- If you love writing, that's a plus. If you already run an active blog, well then we'll probably love you!
- A good understanding of social media in the business world will serve you well. If you're already an influencer of sorts, we like you already!
- An interest in and knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO) is considered a major plus.
- Experience is not something that's necessarily a good thing. You, being a young guy/girl with no pre-conceived notions of how a business should be run is important to us. We dare to be different, we want you to be different too.
- If you've read REWORK by Jason Fried and you like what he has to say, then you'll fit in well around here. Same goes for the Valve Employee Handbook. (We're total gaming nerds!)
- A high tolerance level for extremely bad singing out loud in the office is essential. That, or a set of noise-cancelling headphones.
- If you don't like coffee, our shrieks of joy when somebody brings us cappuccinos might be slightly off-putting.